Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Good run

Ran twice around Fresh Pond, 43'24" (medium good time). Shorts and t-shirt. Fog hovering over the pond, and interesting light effects as the sun tried to break through the clouds and fog. Felt good.

I'm feeling skinnier the last few days. By my best guesstimate, I'm only 1-3 lbs down from my daily average for the last few months. So I think the feeling is more attitude than reality. The fast on Friday may be a factor. I feel overall less heavy, more taut.

A fast is a very useful exercise when you are working on understanding your relationship with food. It makes you aware of several things:
1. How often you might unconciously choose to pop something in my mouth.
2. Physical vs situational hunger.
3. How long you can go without actually needing to eat, if you know ahead of time that you won't eat for x hours. I mean, if I'm not going to eat for the day, then skipping the snacks is not very hard. However, on a normal day it is often very hard to resist the siren call of the snacks. Am I more hungry on normal days? Of course not. The difference is the mindset. Now, if I could just adjust the mindset on normal days, such that I would not consider snacks between breakfast and lunch, then I think physically I could do just fine with that arrangement.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?