Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Preface

Yes, I am entering the world of blogging. I hope I am not one of the many who make entries enthusiastically for a few weeks, then taper off to zero. I’ve considered starting a blog for quite a while, to capture my random thoughts. However, up to this point I’ve had no compelling reason (compelling in the sense that it would have any possible appeal to anyone else). But now I am pretty seriously considering running a marathon in October. This would be my first. And that goal will provide a thread, I hope, to my journal.

Also, if anyone ends up reading this I will have a further motivation to follow through with the marathon effort.

But this will not be strictly a running/training blog, far from it. I will rather focus on the experience, lessons learned, self-motivation, etc. The subject of weight maintenance will probably occupy a lot of space, as that is my biggest challenge. About 2 years ago I lost 50 lbs. I’ve put back about 10, and it is a constant challenge to keep up good habits and resist the bad. The big issue is eating for the wrong reasons, so I will explore that. (I intend to lose the 10, and hopefully 20, before the race).

I do not intend to divulge too much that is personal. This is not a gut-spilling endeavor. However, I will use my experiences as fodder for my musings.

In my next post I will tell a little more about who I am and where I am coming from.

Comments:
Hi, just commenting on my own blog. Nice work! :-)
 
Hey nice work! (I'm testing a comment on my own blog)
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?