Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Things happen


No run today. Half of the kids got sick last night-- not a pretty sight. So we were up late, and I could not rise early enough to get a run in before work. This demonstrates the reason I call this blog Runner Dad-- having small kids means there is a lot that is not in my direct control. This will be a challenge further along in the training, when it becomes more critical to get each run in on schedule.

What can you do when you miss out on the morning run? I guess be a little more careful about the diet, and look for ways to fit a little exercise in, here and there. Desk calisthenics!

On a brighter note (no pun intended), I got my tomatoes set up with the grow light last night (see above) I managed to get this done after T was sick but before M started. Its very encouraging to see the little sprouts getting off to a good start. Another 6 weeks and it might be warm enough to put them outside. Hopefully by then they'll be greenhouse robust. Here's hoping for a good garden and healthy eating over the summer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?