Friday, March 10, 2006

 

Where I am going

I’m going to try to go 26.2 miles, that’s where. More specifically, I’m seriously considering running the Falmouth (Cape Cod) Marathon at the end of October, 2006.

At this point, I am planning on following the Hal Higdon plan, which is an 18 week training regimen. That means I’m not in official training mode until the end of June.

Time to put some log into this blog.

Feeling good today. I ran FP long, 29'20" (more than 1.5 min faster than Weds!). First outdoor shorts and t-shirt run in months. Another hopeful sign: my weight 209 lbs (first real under-210 reading since Xmas).

I think the marathon goal will really help with my other goal, to get back on track with the weight loss. I've been meaning to lose that extra 10 for a long while, but have not been sucessful in mustering the will to accomplish this. But as I think of the training ahead of me, the 10, 15, 20 mile runs (not to mention the biggie at the end) I can really appreciate how much it will make a difference to be lighter on my feet. (Keep this mental image in mind: I'm on the starting line, and someone hands me a 10 lb dumb bell and say "You mind carrying this with you?". Yes, I would mind!)

I'm also fasting today. For Lent we're supposed to refrain from meat on fridays. Since I'm almost a vegetarian (eath poultry occasionally) this doesn't make the day any different. Having fish is a treat, in fact. So I'm trying fasting. Maybe the whole day, maybe just till dinner. Never tried fasting on the same day that I have run, so it will be interesting to see what will happen. Since this is "at will" I can end the fast whenever I want, if I feel it is making me cranky with others, or just obsessed with when I can eat again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?