Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Long run becomes medium run

This week I'm trying something different. Yesterday I ran 7.1 miles, which previously counted as a long run. My custom has been to take a few days off after a long run, so I would do that run on Friday. But pretty soon my training schedule will ramp up, and before I know it I'll be doing 7 and 8 mile runs several times a week (and a 12 or 15 mile long run at the end of the week). So I thought it would be good to follow yesterday's long run with a short 3-miler, instead of a day off. So far, so good.

Add this to the benefits of regular exercise: auto parts! For months, we've been driving the van around with 3 hubcaps. We had the fourth hubcap, but it was missing the wire retaining ring (if that's the right term) that would hold it in place. I've been meaning to stop by a junkyard and look for a replacement ring (don't want to pay $30 for a whole new hubcap). During yesterday's run, something on the side of the road caught my eye. I knew in an instant what it was. The question was whether to stop and pick it up on the off chance it was the right size. Well, I did, and it was!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?