Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

The starting pistol cracks

This week marks the beginning of my official 18-week training schedule. I'm resisting the overused phrase "inauspicious start", but it really does not feel like anything special. Did 3 miles yesterday, three today, will do three tomorrow, then 6 on Friday. Pretty much a typical week from the last few months.

As I mentioned before, this training feels a bit like an actual race. So this point feels like the first half mile-- off to a good start, lets see what we can do here. The next race stage (for me) is the "oy, can I really keep up this pace for the rest of this race?". I wonder if I'll feel that during the training as the mileage ramps up.

Anyway, the humidity is here, big time. We went from monsoon season to high humidity, with practically no bright crisp days.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?