Wednesday, July 05, 2006

 

Running, out of time

On Friday morning I realized that I had left the house without my watch. That meant doing my run without getting a time. I have a hard time not being bothered by this. I should be pretty comfortable now that my pace it pretty good right now. I really only need to check in with the watch as my distances increase, to see how well the pace will scale. (I still have hopes, probably way too ambitious, of doing 8-minute miles in the marathon).

Anyway, once I resigned myself to the fact, I found it sort of relaxing to run without the ticker. When I came to a street crossing, I did not have to go through my routine of stopping the clock, restarting when I could cross, then checking a couple of times to make sure the watch was not on pause anymore. I think it would be a good thing to intentionally run familiar courses untimed on a regular basis.

So the first week passed, and I completed all of my miles. (Well into the second week now, so far so good. Hope to post a summary on Friday)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?