Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Vacation week

No post last week, as I was on vacation and pretty much off the grid. I am proud to report that I mostly kept on my training schedule in spite of being away from home and the usual routine. This was not too hard to do, since we were staying in a familiar area (we go to the same place each summer).
This was in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, and the immediate surrounding roads were very hilly, and so provided great workouts for the CCM. I was a little concerned that some of the downhills could cause me injury, but I couldn't pass up the oportunity for the uphill workouts. And what goes up...
I didn't stick to schedule exactly-- I sacrificed Wednesday's 4 miler. But I did keep to Fridays 10 miler. What is remarkable is that that distance didn't feel too bad, after last weeks 13! I actually felt good for most of the run, until a heavy downpour hit around 8.5 miles (memories of the 10 mile race a few weeks ago).
This week: a 15 mile long run. Haven't decided yet whether I'm going to get up really, really early to do it on Friday, or try to do it on the weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?