Friday, September 08, 2006

 

Sweet Sixteen

Oops, I misspelled "sweat" in the title. Today I ran the 16 mile run, before work even. I still enjoy the novel adventure of getting up early enough, and driving the empty roads, to get this done. This requires a bit of sacrifice. Thursday nights are traditionally reserved for my other hobby, but last night I skipped that completely in order to get to bed early.

Anyway, the run went well, but I was definitely feeling beat for the last few miles. This is a fairly new development. Up to the 12 mile run (I think) I felt fine all the way through. But now I am definitely stretching myself, in a big way. I am confident that I can continue to stretch for the 18 and 20 mile runs, and then, after the taper, The Race. But it will definitely be a real challenge. I missed the sunrise again, but this time it was because it came too late! The sun did rise while I was running, but not during the eastward facing portion of the route.

There was an interesting "East meets West" dimension to today's run, in that it ranged between the eastmost bridge (Museum of Science) and the westernmost bridge that I have ever run (North Beacon Street).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?