Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Things are getting busy now

Eight miles today, on the weekly "mini-long" run. Whew. Actually, the run itself went well, but it took some effort to get out the door early enough to get it done before work. Seems like just a short time ago I was celebrating 9 miles as a breakthrough distance. This is how its going to be for some weeks ahead, as short runs go from 4 to 5, and mini-longs get longer and longer. I feel like this is really going to have an impact on daily life. Early to bed, early to rise and all that.

I was thinking of my last three runs: Friday's 15, Monday's 4 and today's 8, and I realized they add up to a marathon. Actually my 8 was more like 7.8, so that gives us 26.8 miles. My total time for the three runs puts me in the range for a 3.5 hour marathon, if I could run them all back to back. Can it happen? Add some more weeks of training, crisp weather, subtract for the hills, but add some for the cheering crowds, and it just might be possible. Actually, subtract a lot for the hills, from what I've heard. But sub-4 hours looks pretty realistic.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?