Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Farewell run on the Charles

Last Friday I ran my last longish run before the 'thon, 8 miles along the Charles River. As it turns out, I am switching jobs soon, and won't be working in Cambridge anymore, so this will be my last chance to run along the Charles.

It was a very nice run. What made it a fitting farewell is that the scenery was so nice. This is peak fall foliage time. Furthermore, the famous Head of the Charles regatta happened this weekend, so on my run I saw a ton of activity along the river, as crew teams were arriving from all over, and tents were being erected. I kept thinking that if someone wanted to make a movie with a scene of the main character running in Boston, this is what they would have arranged-- the Charles River, the fall foliage, and some teams rowing in the background.

I think this coming week is going to be hard-- the anticipation and all. But I am really looking forward to the marathon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?